Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
[Drobo5N] SickBeard, CouchPotato, Headphones & SABnzbd EASY INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
06-29-2013, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 10:30 PM by xboxexpert.)
[Drobo5N] SickBeard, CouchPotato, Headphones & SABnzbd EASY INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
So I have a Drobo5N and currently had sickbeard, couchpotato, headphones and sabnzbd running along site mysql and apache. I had a buddy want the same setup so I carefully documented the process and made some revisions to the already documented process.

I had a lot of trial and error getting everything up and running the first time so I decided to release a revised documentation and package up all the software I used.

I must advise the services run as root so that the software can migrate data and sort through-out the drobo. you can edit the user within the documentation if you wish but this is how I have mine setup.

Enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9h7wyO...sp=sharing

Updated 1/11/14 - Revised sabNZBD script text to reflect root and correct directory to install
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2013, 07:46 AM
RE: [Drobo5N] SickBeard, CouchPotato, Headphones & SABnzbd EASY INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
hi xbox i only use the Directly attached models, but its cool you put together info that might be useful for others

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in Dual Redundancy mode on win7 (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
07-02-2013, 09:29 AM
RE: [Drobo5N] SickBeard, CouchPotato, Headphones & SABnzbd EASY INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
(07-02-2013 07:46 AM)Paul Wrote:  hi xbox i only use the Directly attached models, but its cool you put together info that might be useful for others

All modules in the zip were directly from this site. Just an FYI Smile
07-06-2013, 07:19 AM
ok Smile

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in Dual Redundancy mode on win7 (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
07-13-2013, 09:38 PM
I was able to modify your instructions a little and swap in nzbget and get this to work on a DroboFS.

My question is, does sickbeard use the system time or does it check against a server for time to trigger the new episode search.
07-30-2013, 03:44 PM
(07-13-2013 09:38 PM)Miller Wrote:  I was able to modify your instructions a little and swap in nzbget and get this to work on a DroboFS.

My question is, does sickbeard use the system time or does it check against a server for time to trigger the new episode search.

Do you remember what you had to change to accomodate the Drobo FS? I just bought one to replace the raided storage in my aging server that runs all of the above software. It would be such a sweet uninteneded bonus to be able to run all that directly on the Drobo FS.
07-30-2013, 08:44 PM
(07-30-2013 03:44 PM)strict Wrote:  
(07-13-2013 09:38 PM)Miller Wrote:  I was able to modify your instructions a little and swap in nzbget and get this to work on a DroboFS.

Do you remember what you had to change to accomodate the Drobo FS? I just bought one to replace the raided storage in my aging server that runs all of the above software. It would be such a sweet uninteneded bonus to be able to run all that directly on the Drobo FS.

The change i had to made was to the setuptool portion. Had to install a different version. Will see if i can dig up my notes. For the FS disregard the sab portion as it will be terrible on the FS. Go with NZBget. The old version is already pre-packaged on the droboports site.
10-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Sad RE: [Drobo5N] SickBeard, CouchPotato, Headphones & SABnzbd EASY INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
I apologies I am totally n00b at this, however this is the reason for me using your tutorial. I have failed at the first hurdle!

#Pre-requisites - Install Software
#Drop all tgz files in DroboApps share use admin login for your Drobo Dashboard to gain access
#Reboot your drobo to gain access to SSH Port 22 and use putty to login root:root

At this point not only is the drobo dashboard somewhat temramential to connect to, but putty gives 'Connection error: Connection refused'

Any ideas?
10-26-2013, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 07:01 PM by krisbuxton.)
Well I am also a total NOOB and I am thankful for the instructions but when I do all the copy and pasting and then restart the drobo and go to the :8080 or 8081 nothing comes up? I'm sure I did something wrong. I do see the apps under DroboApps but the all say it is not an official app etc... What did I miss?
12-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Thank you so much for this! So much easier than trying to figure out how to do it on my own, especially with no Linux experience at all.

I managed to install and successfully start all of the apps, EXCEPT for SABnzbd, which is the most important one, IMO. I installed it, but I can't get service.sh to start. After I enter it, it just gives me a command line after a few seconds, but nothing appears on port 8080. I tried starting with apps/SABnzbd.py, which gets stuck on URLGrabber, when it tries to open a browser window.

The logs folder for SABnzbd are empty or non-existent, so it may not be installing or starting properly. Any suggestions?