Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
[Drobo5N] SickBeard, CouchPotato, Headphones & SABnzbd EASY INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
12-08-2013, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 07:32 PM by davel23.)
RE: [Drobo5N] SickBeard, CouchPotato, Headphones & SABnzbd EASY INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
I'm having the same problem, I've run the install script for SABnzbd, but it doesn't seem to be actually installed on my Drobo. There's no folder for it in DroboApps, and nothing responds on 8080.

Edit: I did a little more poking around, for some reason none of the files in the sabnzbd directory seem to have anything in them. Their sizes are all listed as zero.

Edit 2: Ok, got it working. First problem was that the provided script does not change to the DroboApps folder before installing, so the sabnzbd folder ended up in the DroboFS directory. I fixed that by manually navigating to DroboApps then running the script. This placed the folder in the correct directory, but as noted all the files appeared to be empty, with 0 byte counts. So I went to the SABnzbd git page and manually downloaded all files for the project into the DroboApps/sabnzbd/app folder. I rebooted my Drobo, checked on port 8081 and viola, SABnzbd. Hope this helps anyone else having trouble.

Edit 3: Ok, things aren't quite perfect yet, sabnzbd is running as user "sabnzbd" which is causing permissions issues. How would I go about changing the user it runs under to "root"?

Edit 4: I think I have this resolved too. There's a line in the service.sh file that reads "user=sabnzbd". Changed it to read "user=root" and rebooted the Drobo, the sabnzbd process is now running as root. I also changed ownership of all the files and folders in the DroboApps/sabnzbd directory to root, since they were owned by sabnzbd.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: [Drobo5N] SickBeard, CouchPotato, Headphones & SABnzbd EASY INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
(12-08-2013 11:25 AM)davel23 Wrote:  I'm having the same problem, I've run the install script for SABnzbd, but it doesn't seem to be actually installed on my Drobo. There's no folder for it in DroboApps, and nothing responds on 8080.

Edit: I did a little more poking around, for some reason none of the files in the sabnzbd directory seem to have anything in them. Their sizes are all listed as zero.

Edit 2: Ok, got it working. First problem was that the provided script does not change to the DroboApps folder before installing, so the sabnzbd folder ended up in the DroboFS directory. I fixed that by manually navigating to DroboApps then running the script. This placed the folder in the correct directory, but as noted all the files appeared to be empty, with 0 byte counts. So I went to the SABnzbd git page and manually downloaded all files for the project into the DroboApps/sabnzbd/app folder. I rebooted my Drobo, checked on port 8081 and viola, SABnzbd. Hope this helps anyone else having trouble.

Edit 3: Ok, things aren't quite perfect yet, sabnzbd is running as user "sabnzbd" which is causing permissions issues. How would I go about changing the user it runs under to "root"?

Edit 4: I think I have this resolved too. There's a line in the service.sh file that reads "user=sabnzbd". Changed it to read "user=root" and rebooted the Drobo, the sabnzbd process is now running as root. I also changed ownership of all the files and folders in the DroboApps/sabnzbd directory to root, since they were owned by sabnzbd.

Updated package.
08-30-2014, 12:19 AM
Is there a mac version of this tutorial?