Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Drobo Admin iPhone iPad App
05-28-2012, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2012 12:00 PM by bubu86.)
Smile Drobo Admin iPhone iPad App
Hi,

just found a Drobo Monitoring App for iOS in the Apple App Store.
It's called Dromo and costs only 99 cent.
You can check the details at http://www.drobo-monitor.com/en
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2012, 10:14 PM
RE: Drobo Admin iPhone iPad App
Looks like it does the job decently, although it's read-only (no changing Drobo configuration), and I've seen prettier apps in my time. I'd certainly love to see DRI step up with mobile apps for iOS and Android.

Drobo 5N | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO mSATA | 2 x 4TB Seagate, 3 x 4TB Hitachi | FS/EXT3 diskpack
Peak performance >100MBps read/write (based on FS disk pack, no jumbo frames, no SSD)
DroboPorts: Plex, Transmission, OpenSSH, NFS, nano, screen, bash
05-29-2012, 01:36 AM
(05-28-2012 10:14 PM)diamondsw Wrote:  Looks like it does the job decently, although it's read-only (no changing Drobo configuration), and I've seen prettier apps in my time. I'd certainly love to see DRI step up with mobile apps for iOS and Android.

I already asked for this (changing of Drobo configuration) via their contact form and just got an answer. Seems like they are working on the next version with support for Reboot, Shutdown and Create Shares functionality.
06-14-2012, 02:43 AM
Has anyone had any experience with dromo erasing all custom settings within the dashboard? For what ever reason after using dromo yesterday, then back to dashboard, I noticed all settings were gone.
06-14-2012, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2012 05:02 AM by Paul.)
hi if dromo people are working closely with DRI that's one thing, but if they are not, then it could be problematic
if its just a simple read-only app so that you can be on the go, and look at your phone to see a green light to show its up, that could be handy though.

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
06-14-2012, 05:13 AM
Just analyzed with wireshark...apparently it's read-only