Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Firefly Drobo App
11-08-2013, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 10:39 PM by orevueltas.)
Firefly Drobo App
Do you want to stream your music library onto your iTunes Application from your Drobo 5N. Firefly is an App based on the Digital Audio Access Protocol (DAAP) that allows you to do just that.

Simply select the directories that you want the App to scan and the next time you launch iTunes, our your DAAP capable client, a list of songs will show up.

To log into the web user interface, use the following default credentials to log in:

username: mt-daapd
password: drobo

iTunes has been historically the most used Application with Firefly. However, users can also stream music onto their iOS and Android devices by downloading the client for these platforms

iOS: Simple DAAP Client
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simple-d...https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simple-daap-client/id3696

Android: DAAP Media Player
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org

Because this is a community supported App, this thread should be used to provide feedback and any improvements.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2013, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 07:20 PM by isaacrdz.)
RE: Firefly Drobo App
Im unable to get this one to work correctly. I installed through the dashboard and clicking configure gives me an error about being unable to connect. I did a portscan on the drobo while it was running and port 3689 does not show up. I stopped it but am unable to restart it in the dashboard as it gives an error about being unable to start the application. I can restart it in Terminal if I ssh into the drobo but the same thing happens when attempting to configure through the web browser. I've installed and reinstalled but the outcome is the same. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Ok, did a little more troubleshooting and nasd.log mentioned an error with starting apache. Appears I had the apache from DroboPorts installed but that didn't work before anyway so I deleted it and restarting the firefly app redownloaded apache for me from the looks of it. I can reach the web server on the drobo now but port 3689 still doesn't work.

EDIT2: After some more troubleshooting, it looks like the startup was getting stuck at scanning the mp3 collection phase. It never started the web server. I had a media share that it was looking to index and I guess it would get stuck scanning in so it would crash mt-daapd. So now I'm in. The username is admin and the password is drobo just in case.
Find all posts by this user
11-08-2013, 09:41 PM
After I do an "Install" in the Drobo dashboard, I click on the configure link and got forwarded to a web page with login prompt, but I don't know the default username and password to login for the very first time.

Would someone please let me know what is the username and password. Thanks in advance.
Dennis
11-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Give mt-daapd:mt-daapd a try.

Tap the full potential of the Drobo FS/5N with DroboApps.
To receive the latest updates about my DroboApps circle me on Google Plus.
11-10-2013, 10:43 AM
(11-09-2013 04:47 PM)ricardo Wrote:  Give mt-daapd:mt-daapd a try.

Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately that was not it. It did not take mt-daapd for username and password. This is very frustrating.
11-10-2013, 12:02 PM
(11-10-2013 10:43 AM)dennis801 Wrote:  

Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately that was not it. It did not take mt-daapd for username and password. This is very frustrating.

admin:drobo
11-10-2013, 01:10 PM
(11-10-2013 12:02 PM)isaacrdz Wrote:  
(11-10-2013 10:43 AM)dennis801 Wrote:  

admin:drobo

Sorry for the confusion @isaacrdz I have posted the username and password in the original message

username: mt-daapd
password: drobo
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Thank you all for the password info.
Dennis
04-01-2014, 12:39 AM
(11-08-2013 07:18 PM)isaacrdz Wrote:  Im unable to get this one to work correctly. I installed through the dashboard and clicking configure gives me an error about being unable to connect. I did a portscan on the drobo while it was running and port 3689 does not show up. I stopped it but am unable to restart it in the dashboard as it gives an error about being unable to start the application. I can restart it in Terminal if I ssh into the drobo but the same thing happens when attempting to configure through the web browser. I've installed and reinstalled but the outcome is the same. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Ok, did a little more troubleshooting and nasd.log mentioned an error with starting apache. Appears I had the apache from DroboPorts installed but that didn't work before anyway so I deleted it and restarting the firefly app redownloaded apache for me from the looks of it. I can reach the web server on the drobo now but port 3689 still doesn't work.

EDIT2: After some more troubleshooting, it looks like the startup was getting stuck at scanning the mp3 collection phase. It never started the web server. I had a media share that it was looking to index and I guess it would get stuck scanning in so it would crash mt-daapd. So now I'm in. The username is admin and the password is drobo just in case.

Please help. I am running a new 5N with the latest firmware 3.1.1 and Dashboard 2.5.3

I also cannot get the settings page to load in Safari when I click on configure. I'm told that "Safari cannot open the page at 192.168.0.50:3689 because it cannot connect to the server." Firefly will run for a few minutes and then stop on it's own, and it doesn't do anything because I cannot set it up or configure it for the 1st time use.

It wasn't clear to me how you made this work so that you could load the FireFly configuration page?

I didn't know I could try loading my IP address in the browser with nothing else at the end (no ports) to see if Apache gave me a page that says "It Works!" so I didn't try that to test functionality first (oops).

But I did try to remove apache like you did although only some of the files could be deleted, and then I tried to reinstall it by restarting the Firefly app but that didn't re-install apache - so I was left with a partial apache folder that I had to rename but couldn't delete (no permission)! I tried to copy my apache backup back onto the share but I didn't have permission.

I called Drobo tech support right before closing time, who helped me find the latest apache at DroboPorts (actually it was apache2) and I installed it, but it showed up in the dashboard as an unofficial app and it wouldn't run from the dashboard. However, my attempts to run apache2 caused "apache" to be reinstalled (I had the DroboApps share mounted and saw the new folder appear).

I ended up removing apache2 that didn't run, and removed Firefly, but left the newest apache folder in place, as well as the "old renamed apache" folder and rebooted, then I reinstalled FireFly.

But I still can't get Safari to open the FireFly configure page, by clicking configure after starting the app or by entering the Drobo_IP_address:3689 into any browser. Can you or anyone else help?

I sent a couple of diagnostic logs back to the tech guy, and we'll see if they have a solution, but it didn't sound like something he's had to fix before.
04-10-2014, 10:52 PM
In 10 days not one out of hundreds of people here has any suggestions?

I know people are busy, and if I didn't include enough info just ask me questions that would help us solve the problem. Thanks!