Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where can I find DropBear? (link is bad)
05-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Where can I find DropBear? (link is bad)
The link on the "How to manually install...". Is there a better link? It would be helpful to have SSH on my 5N.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: Where can I find DropBear? (link is bad)
Ditto
07-01-2014, 12:12 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 12:18 AM by elib.)
please please please someone post a link? I just got my drobo and can't find dropbear anywhere.
Wow that was both crazy and totally not surprising at the same time. After logging in and posting this message it someghow woke the board up and actually allowed me to download sickbear. Not sure what actually happened but after posting this I figured I would try to download just one more time to be sure and low and behold it actually downloaded a file.
07-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Well, Dropbear is pre-installed; all the "DroboApp" does in this instance is activate it. I would also rather assume it's available as a DroboApp inside the Dashboard.

Drobo 5N | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO mSATA | 2 x 4TB Seagate, 3 x 4TB Hitachi | FS/EXT3 diskpack
Peak performance >100MBps read/write (based on FS disk pack, no jumbo frames, no SSD)
DroboPorts: Plex, Transmission, OpenSSH, NFS, nano, screen, bash
09-05-2014, 12:53 PM
it's not though... it's still listed on the website but does not appear in the dashboard any more

this thread has a link to the package:
http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthr...http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?

I just installed it per the usual instructions: copy the .tgz file to the Shares/DroboApps dir of your Drobo (that's what it is on my 5N)

then from Drobo Dashboard just reboot the drobo

when it comes back go into the dashboard again, it should appear in the list and you can install it from there

works fine!

(07-01-2014 08:50 PM)diamondsw Wrote:  Well, Dropbear is pre-installed; all the "DroboApp" does in this instance is activate it. I would also rather assume it's available as a DroboApp inside the Dashboard.