Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Drobo Dashboard 2.8.5 Crashing
12-14-2016, 01:39 PM
Drobo Dashboard 2.8.5 Crashing
I installed the Drobo Dashboard 2.8.5 yesterday on a Mac server running 10.6.5.

The Dashboard crashes when I try to open it.

Anyone else having this problem?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2016, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2016 03:56 PM by Paul.)
RE: Drobo Dashboard 2.8.5 Crashing
hi szinn, can i check if the drobo was running at the time?

a couple of things that might be worth trying, could be to try shutting down the mac, and rebooting it (just in case the installation process did not fully finish)

and also it might be worth double checking the permission settings as they might need changing again, for example as mentioned here:
https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01820
(mainly for step 8)

if you can try those, how are things now?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
12-15-2016, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the response.

I don't see any mention of permissions in that article. Drobo Dashboard is crashing. This is not about connecting to the Drobo's. This is about unable to open the Dashboard.

I have tried:
• uninstalling & reinstalling 2.8.5
• uninstalling then reinstalling 2.8.4
• uninstalling reinstalling 2.7.1 - would not install
• uninstalling and re-installing 2.5.4
• was able to upgrade to 2.8.4

Thankfully, Drobo install saves the versions I've downloaded to
users/shared/Drobo Dashboard/updates
12-16-2016, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2016 03:29 PM by Paul.)
ah hi szinn, yes that page is mainly for dashboard running, though the 8th step mentions the permissions. (i should have linked directly to it which was this one)
https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01816

it may not fix things for you, though on windows, certain permissions or not running of the dashboard service has prevented dashboard from launching properly (where it basically crashes and self closes), so thought maybe that could apply for you too.

in case not, then please hang in there and hopefully another solution can be found

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)