Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Red and Green blinking lights
01-29-2017, 02:13 PM
RE: Red and Green blinking lights
All lights solid green and all contact intact. Thanks for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2017, 07:50 PM
ah thanks cheryl, thats nice to hear

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
02-13-2017, 01:32 AM
(01-09-2017 03:06 PM)Paul Wrote:  hi cheryl,
can i check in case these lights are possibly flashing amber and green? (if so, your drobo could have experienced a drive failure and rebuilding at the moment). It could be something else, though would be good to confirm the above first before trying other things, just as some other users have also mentioned amber as red or orange too.

Hi there. I'm having the same issue although it has been flashing for a solid week. The thing also that the drobo will disrupt my boot sequence when restarting my computer. the drobo that i am using is around 8 years old and I have a feeling its on its last legs.
02-13-2017, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2017 02:17 PM by Paul.)
hi dom kardum
i have also experienced some issues with my computer if a usb device was plugged in during a shutdown or a restart (usually a restart), where in some cases it hanged until the usb cable was removed... maybe in your case you could try shutting down and then once your computer is powered off, you could try removing the usb cable from your computer (or firewire if that is what you have currently) and as far as i know the drobo should still continue its rebuild... this way you can still do your restart of the computer, and hopefully your rebuild should finish slightly quicker (in case something was accessing it while connected)

btw if your drobo is rebuilding with flashing yellow and green lights like cheryls was, then it usually takes about 1day per 1TB of data that you have. the older models are much slower, but hopefully you can try to correlate a bit between how much data you had and we can try and work out how much more it might take for your rebuild to finish.

btw 8 years is pretty good Smile i think ive had my gen2 for about 7 so far Smile

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)