Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hang with latest firmware upgrade--where from here??
01-10-2017, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2017 09:21 PM by kdkrone1.)
Hang with latest firmware upgrade--where from here??
I allowed my Drobo 5N to update the dashboard and after it did that, I was asked if I would like to update the firmware. I clicked yes about 45 minutes ago and watched while it downloaded the firmware and then began installing it. The message remains about installing the software. It is now 3 hours later with the same message and no resolution

What do I do??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2017, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2017 05:28 PM by Paul.)
RE: Hang with latest firmware upgrade--where from here??
hi, can i check how many blue lights are lit up on the drobo?
(or what the drve bay lights are showing or doing)?

in a few older cases, a firmware might not "take" properly 1st time around (such as some older cases with usb being prefered over firewire for updates), but something similar may have happened here, possibly if the 5N was not plugged in directly, in case another router or switch maybe intercepted a signal that the unit or dashboard is waiting for...like a firewall.

if your drobo was faily full though, it might still be slowly doing something..
i think some users were able to shutdown dashboard and relaunch it in case it got stuck, or to reboot the drobo, though if you can leave it as is for longer, it is probably best in the meantime, especially if you do not have an existing backup or if the drobo and drives appear to be being accessed or making chattering noises

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply