Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My 5C won't mount
02-13-2017, 12:54 PM
My 5C won't mount
I'm running windows 10 and I'm having trouble getting my Drobo 5C to mount. Dashboard doesn't see it. I've tried all recommended changes but to no avail. any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2017, 03:42 PM
RE: My 5C won't mount
hi rmannel,
can i check was there a particular page you were referring to, with recommended changes?

you may have already seen this page for example, though in case not, maybe trying to disconnect from the internet, and to temporarily disable a firewall and antivirus may be a good test, just in case it was being blocked?

https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01820

maybe having a look to see if dashboard has a newer version you could try, (version 3 got released recently too), and that has some discovery improvements which may help too.

btw was your drobo working on with windows 10 before, and it suddenly stopped working?, or has it been working somewhere else and then you upgraded to windows 10 for example?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
02-13-2017, 06:33 PM
I was referring to the Drobo web page and recommendations there for correction. I use Norton 360 and it manages my firewall services and access to/from Drobo is allowed. My dashboard is current. I have used Drobe with Win 10 before but it was sometimes intermittent. Usually rebooting my host corrected the problem or simply reconnecting the USB cable to the USB hub. I'll try using another cable. Otherwise I'm at a low. thanks

(02-13-2017 03:42 PM)Paul Wrote:  hi rmannel,
can i check was there a particular page you were referring to, with recommended changes?

you may have already seen this page for example, though in case not, maybe trying to disconnect from the internet, and to temporarily disable a firewall and antivirus may be a good test, just in case it was being blocked?

https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01820

maybe having a look to see if dashboard has a newer version you could try, (version 3 got released recently too), and that has some discovery improvements which may help too.

btw was your drobo working on with windows 10 before, and it suddenly stopped working?, or has it been working somewhere else and then you upgraded to windows 10 for example?
02-15-2017, 06:54 PM
thanks for the info rmannel,
hopefully it was just a faulty usb cable, but please let us know how things go.

sometimes, i have had cases where any usb device (not just a drobo) sometimes can lock up my usb port, and to fix it, i had to disconnect and power down for at least 5minutes (5-10 i think) and it unlocked the port and things were working again.... maybe that could be another test you can try too when you get a moment

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)