Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
USB Attached SCSI (UAS or UASP)
04-11-2017, 02:53 PM
USB Attached SCSI (UAS or UASP)
Anyone know if this is supported? I have not been able to find any info.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2017, 03:24 PM
RE: USB Attached SCSI (UAS or UASP)
hi twilleat,
as far as i know, the main units do not support this yet (at least the das models), but i still need to learn more about usb attached scsi...
... at the moment it seems that only some operating systems supported it natively though am not sure if a drobo would need it or how the 2 could benefit from, or compliment each other? (they might do, am just not aware myself yet) Smile

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
04-20-2017, 08:00 PM
(04-12-2017 03:24 PM)Paul Wrote:  hi twilleat,
as far as i know, the main units do not support this yet (at least the das models), but i still need to learn more about usb attached scsi...
... at the moment it seems that only some operating systems supported it natively though am not sure if a drobo would need it or how the 2 could benefit from, or compliment each other? (they might do, am just not aware myself yet) Smile

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. UASP is supported in Win8+, Mac 10.8+, and some Linux. I've seen lots of comments about slow speed and it seems this could possibly help. I've got a 6+ year old 2TB Hitachi drive in an external case connected to a 3 year old PC running Windows 10 and can hit 110MB/s with UASP.

Here is a good article about UASP: https://blog.startech.com/post/all-you-n...https://blog.startech.com/post/all-you-need-to-know-a

I also think Drobo should consider upgrading to a faster CPU that is 64-bit :-)
04-21-2017, 07:42 PM
ah thanks for the link, i added it to my list of new stuff to learn Smile

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)