Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dashboard 3.1.1 not seeing a working Drobo (Mac)
05-26-2017, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2017 04:30 PM by cassiel.)
Dashboard 3.1.1 not seeing a working Drobo (Mac)
I did the Dashboard update today: Mac Pro, El Capitan, and an old 4-slot Firewire/USB Drobo.

The Drobo still works fine, but the latest Dashboard can't see it. It just reports no Drobos detected. The version it replaced worked fine.

Have rebooted and power-cycled. Firewall is off.

Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2017, 06:22 PM
RE: Dashboard 3.1.1 not seeing a working Drobo (Mac)
hi cassiel, can i check which version of dashboard you had before?
according to the pdf release notes, it should work with that version assuming 10.11 is elcapitan?

another thing you could try, is to try fully uninstalling dashboard,
and then rebooting the computer and drobo,
and then also trying to reinstall the new dashboard again,
along with another shutdown of the computer, and drobo
(plus to double check the settings and permissions, just in case, for example as mentioned below, in steps 9 and 10 for mac)

https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01820
if you can try that, how do things go now?

also, just in case usb slot gets locked, it might be worth keeping all things off (for inbetween reboots) for about 5 minutes, but also, if you were using firewire, what happens if you try usb instead, via a direct usb cable if possible (or vice versa just to see?)

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
05-27-2017, 12:56 AM
I don't remember the previous Dashboard version, sorry - but it was pretty recent. Yes, the OS is 10.11.6. This is a USB-connected device (I found Firewire to be unreliable for long continuous connection).

I'm going to go for a full re-install of Dashboard then a round of full power-off and reboots when I'm next in front of this machine (in about a week), and will report back then.

Thanks for the reply.
05-28-2017, 03:45 PM
I too have this problem I updated from the previous version of Dashboard and now it does not see the Drobo (5D). I un-installed and re-installed and after restart there was no change.

I hope you can roll out a fix or perhaps make available the previous version of Dashboard.

I am running the latest Beta of MacOS (10.12.6 Beta (16G8c)) But the problem was there for the last build as well.
06-04-2017, 07:16 AM
Update: I rolled back to Dashboard 3.0.1 - still didn't work. I rolled back to a Dashboard 2.x - still didn't work. Did 3.1.1 do some kind of firmware update on the Drobo itself which broke things?

I'm going to swap out the USB link for FireWire to see if that's any different.
06-04-2017, 09:43 AM
Still busted in FireWire.