Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The first Drobo Users Meetup starting in Silicon Valley
11-30-2012, 06:48 PM
The first Drobo Users Meetup starting in Silicon Valley
John Reinert of ReelGood Pictures and his colleague Brook Dain of the San Jose Police Department will be leading and presenting at the inaugural Drobo Users Meetup on Wednesday December 12th from 11AM-1PM.

The fun and informative agenda includes:

11-11:30 – John & Brook sharing their experiences test driving the new Drobo 5D and Mini Thunderbolt products in their workflow, plus other findings from John's REDucation class he is teaching 12/3-12/7

11:30-11:45 – The new Drobo 5N will also be on display for folks to see, with a NAS challenge with volunteers racing to see who is set up first for a Drobo polo shirt prize

11:45-1PM – Lunch and socializing. As the event is being held @ Drobo HQ, there will also be an expert bar to ask questions and get more demos of the latest Drobo products

Come hang out with other users that have Drobo as part of their creative workflow and enjoy the Honeybaked Ham holiday lunch as part of the festivities. Bring a friend, and let your friends know. Full information and registration for the meetup is available @ http://drobouserssv.eventbrite.com.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2012, 01:02 AM
RE: The first Drobo Users Meetup starting in Silicon Valley
Darn, wish I was in town for this! Have fun!! (BTW: Honeybaked is yummy)

--Brandon | WHS2011+Drive Bender/2x Drobo v2/Drobo S G1/ Drobo S G2/Transporter
Drobo provides fault-tolerance, it's NOT a substitute for regular backups.
Drobo Best Practices - Official and Community-sourced.
12-03-2012, 09:06 AM
(12-01-2012 01:02 AM)bhiga Wrote:  Darn, wish I was in town for this! Have fun!! (BTW: Honeybaked is yummy)

If you are local to SJ but just traveling on the 12th, we love having visitors, so let me know @ mario@drobo.com if you want a private tour anytime.
12-03-2012, 11:19 AM
(12-03-2012 09:06 AM)mario@drobo.com Wrote:  If you are local to SJ but just traveling on the 12th, we love having visitors, so let me know @ mario@drobo.com if you want a private tour anytime.

Used to live and work in SJ, but now I'm further north in Oregon.
Will let you know if I'm back in the area though! Big Grin

--Brandon | WHS2011+Drive Bender/2x Drobo v2/Drobo S G1/ Drobo S G2/Transporter
Drobo provides fault-tolerance, it's NOT a substitute for regular backups.
Drobo Best Practices - Official and Community-sourced.